Wizkid against yahoo..!




Wizkid spoke about Internet fraud popularly known as 'Yahoo Yahoo' in Nigerian music.

Nigerian pop star Wizkid has spoken about the presence of Internet fraud in Nigerian music.

Wizkid mentioned this during the 2019 Tony Elumelu Foundation Forum at UBA Marketplace, Transcorp Hilton, Abuja. After signing a deal as the new brand ambassador of United Bank for Africa (UBA), he got to speak about music and his career.


"It is very, very important for us to understand that when you are talking about crime in this country, it is a deeper conversation than oh you should make a song insulting the Yahoo Yahoo boys. Nah, I wouldn't want to be that kind of person. I feel like the kind of person that I would want to be is to lead by example and actually show these kids out there that you can make it from...




"I cannot stand here to tell you that I made N250,000 when I started and now we are here discussing amazing numbers. If all I can do for myself is continue to be successful and touch many lives as I can, I hope that every kid out there looks at this and emulates that.

"You are not going to change anything by singing a song and saying 'Yahoo Yahoo, Yahoo Yahoo'. You just have to inspire these kids, show them that there is hope" said Wizkid in a video clip.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.